The Or Nué Poppy...

... is finished.


I have been meaning to share it with you ever since I placed the last stitch. I did share pictures on facebook but have no good reasons why I never got around to the blog. Better late hand never, right?
I had a couple of serious stitching days to complete this piece. Working the shading and colouring of the leaves was a little daunting at first, but as it started to take shape, I really enjoyed it. 

If you read my last post you may have noticed the colour of the centre looks different. I changed the colour of the detached chains over the gold kid leather. 
If you have ever worked with gold kid, or any leather for that matter, you will know that once you have stitched into it, the holes are permanent. Not only was it nerve-wrecking unpicking the original green stitches.. (after all, if I made a mess of it, I would have to stitch the entire piece again, Unpicking the Or Nué is simply not an option)  ..but the brown stitches had to go into the exact same holes. Keeping in mind this circle is less than 2cm (3/4") in diameter - it was worth the effort.


To complete the centre of the flower, a small piece of fine pearl purl is stretched so much the coils have come apart. Several strands of brown silk are wrapped into the coils and the purl is stitched down around the centre.
Done!

'Lest We Forget' 

I am really happy with the result and have named it 'Lest We Forget'. I am getting on with the instructions right away, so it won't be long before I will have this project available as a kit.

The most exciting thing is that I will have it ready to teach along with my 'Dainty Pink Daisy' at Nicola Jarvis Studio in August. It is going to be so much fun, sharing this beautiful embroidery technique with the group there. On that note...

... I'd better get on with it.
Have a lovely week,
Anna X



Comments

  1. Hi anna.....how exciting I'm coming to the workshop!! Please bring extra kits...how will I choose which to do?! Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen. I look forward to meeting you!! I will be bringing enough kits of both. The daisy is the easier one of the two because you don't have to pay the same attention to the shading / density of the stitches.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! You were absolutely right to change the colour of the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a true artist Anna, a really stunning piece! Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts